- BANK OF BARODA SLAPPED WITH Rs. 9 CRORE FINE OVER REMITTANCE SCAM: The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) has slapped Rs. 9 crore penalty on Bank of Baroda for failing to adhere to Anti-money Laundering norms and not having an effective system of reporting suspicious transactions linked to the Rs. 6,000 crore scam in Delhi based branch.
- REGIONAL RURAL BANKS COME UNDER PROMPT CORRECTIVE ACTION PLANS: Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework will also be applicable to Regional rural Banks (RRBs). The National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD), which supervises RRBs, has directed them to initiate self-corrective action plans based on parameters such as capital adequacy, asset quality and profitability which largely is based on the framework for bigger commercial banks. Accordingly, RRBs will also slow down their business if their capital adequacy falls below 9%, net non-performing assets rises over 10% of total advances and return on assets falls below 0.25%.
- SBI AND PNB PUT 15 NON-PERFORMING ASSETS WORTH Rs. 1,063 CRORE FOR SALE: Leading public sector banks, State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank have put their 15 Non-Performing Assets worth Rs. 1,063 crores for sale. They will be conducting the E-Auction of the said assets on 20Th
- START-UP INVESTORS MUST DISCLOSE DEAL VALUATIONS IN TAX RETURNS: Promoters and Investors in new age start-ups can no longer expect to make easy profits from any exits without paying taxes on them. The Income Tax Department has introduced new disclosure norms in the latest edition of I-T Return forms which requires the Individual tax payer to provide the fair value of the unlisted shares and disclose the full value of the consideration received or receivable in respect of unquoted shares sold by them during the year. This norm is included to ensure that promoters and investors disclose the information correctly.
- 5 STATES ACCOUNT FOR 61% OF E-WAY BILL GENERATION : The 5 states, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh have accounted for 61% of the inter-state E-way bill generation. The Electronic Bill or E-bill has become mandatory for movement of goods valued over Rs. 50,000 from one state to the other from 1ST These 5 states have emerged as the leaders in generating E-way bills and is an example for other states to follow.
- BANKS CANNOT DENY PENSION PAYMENT FOR LACK OF AADHAAR: There is good news for senior citizen who are drawing their monthly pension. In a major relief to pensioners, Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has asked all the pension-disbursing banks not to turn away pensioners for want of Aadhaar. EPFO has issued circular to heads of all pension disbursing banks, instructing them to provide with alternate options of identification in cases where the pensioner is unable to provide Aadhaar proof.
- CANTEEN SERVIVCES TO EMPLOYEES WILL ATTRACT GST: Henceforth providing canteen meals to its staff for a price will attract GST. According to a decision of the Authority for Advance Taxes, Recovery of food expenses from the employees for canteen services provided by the employer would come under the definition of outward supply as defined under the GST Act 2017.